Another (half a) year has passed, another major Java™ version has been released. Java was supposed “to be slow”. However, Java turns out to evolve so fast, that next releases aren’t just version bumps, but might significantly change the rules of the game. That’s a good reason to check out what’s new in Java. We’re going to cover:
- Records, where and how to use them, apart from DTO/VO
- Pattern matching with instanceof A.K.A. Smart casting
- Sealed classes, new dimension of types extensibility (for inheritance)
- Warnings from Jigsaw (–illegal-access strikes back!)
- And Valhalla (for value-based classes abuse)
- Talking to native stuff from Panama
- and more.
All visualised in actual code, not just slides.
Part one (covering almost everything except records and trivia):
Part two (covering records and some trivia):